Friday, March 4, 2011

What a week!

Hi everyone!
How was your week? Here a bit crazy. I had a lot of things to do, and blogging was one of them, but I started the week with a very bad cold that delayed everything.
So here we are, friday already, unbelievable!
Anyway, today I have something a bit different to share with you. Last week was Keanie's birthday. She is the cutest 5 years old I have ever met, seriously. SO adorable! So we celebrated it this weekend with her parents, and although she was ill ( I think she gave me her cold...), we had lots of fun.
I made this for her, I just couldn't resist it.
I have been thinking about this idea for a long time, but I never had the excuse to do it. It was very time consuming, as it turned out to be quite big, but it was worth it.
I cut each piece of cake in yellow cardstock. Then I clear embossed the "magical background" stamp from hero arts on the edge of each piece. Distressed all the pieces with Vintage photo distress ink and glue them together.
I cut the lids (or icing) in white cardstock that I sprayed with perfect pearl water to give it shine (it is impossible to see on the pic, sorry).
Then I fill each box with sweets, put the lids on, and tie the cake together with yellow ribbon.

 
Then I placed the scalloped circle on top of the cake and adhered it with 2 glue dots, so it would be easy to remove and get to the sweets.
I have to say that she loved it, and what do you think?
Have a good weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! Is this a silhouette design or one you made yourself? Found you via Clips n Cuts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Cathi!
    The design I used for the cake boxes was:

    cake_slice_box_C00766_18816
    8/25/2010

    I made it bigger, so I could fit more sweets inside. Bye!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Your comments always make my day!

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Vuestros comentarios siempre me alegran el dia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...