Thursday, March 24, 2011

Not what I had in mind

Hi everyone!
What the title of this post means, is that lately I have been doing a lot of pink and purple cards, and because of it I have 3 cards waiting to be shared in those colors. And that was going to be my post for today, but I got into my craft room today with an idea in my head, and started playing around. What came out of it, wasn't what I had in mind, but I loved it. So I decided to post this card today, and leave the other 3 for another day.

Lots of Hero Arts goodies on this one. The stamp I used for the background(?) is the Heart Flourish, that I stamped with Pumice Stone and Black Soot distress inks. The butterflies and the "Birthday" are HA designs for the silhouette that I inked the same way as the background. Then I stamped Old Writing (from HA too) over them with Black Soot ink.


I used chipboard letters for the "HAPPY" that I embossed with black embossing powder.
I wanted the butterflies to have dimension, so I put glue just on the body and raised the wings with a bit of dimensional tape. Love the effect.
Hope you liked it and I will be back tomorrow with a purple card, ha ha.
Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Cris, this is one of the coolest cards I've ever seen! I love your unique design with the rectangular frame and big, chunky letters! The neutrals are perfect together and your butterflies are so beautiful! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Your comments always make my day!

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Vuestros comentarios siempre me alegran el dia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...