Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Less is more Challenge

Hiya!!
Today I'm sharing with you a card I made for Joy's challenge. I have been following her blog for ages, just wowing at every card she makes. She is an amazingly talented crafter and she decided to do a challenge where we have to honour someone on this crazy crafting world. I decided to use as an inspiration this project by Jennifer McGuire. Jennifer is amazing and her videos had taught me most of the stuff I know about card making. So here is the card I made.


For this card I used the Friendship digi stamp by Hero Arts. For the little hearts I just put lots of distress inks (broken china, dusty concord and pumice stone) in my craft sheet, sprayed them with pearlised water and added more pearl perfect pearls on top. Then I placed a piece of white cardstock on top and I repeated that until I was happy with the colour and the shine.
I, then cut the hearts in 3 different sizes using my silhouette.

For the red hearts I just used Fired Brick distress ink and then added some red glitter. I covered them with Glossy Accents to make them smooth.
I created the sentiment in Photoshop and distress the card and sentiment with pumice stone ink. Rounded a couple of corners and finished!

Hope you liked the card, and if you want, you still have a couple of days to play along in the challenge.

Now, I have something to share with you.
There’s a new challenge blog in town with articles, swaps, interviews, videos, challenges, great prizes and MORE! Check out Lily Pad Cards!
They are having a hop each day this week and they are great, so what are you waiting for?!

See you tomorrow!!

5 comments:

  1. Love your hearts with all the hearts, Cris! Wonderful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristina, you have honoured Jen is such a beautiful way, WOW! must have taken you forever to glue all those hearts down, so stunning, such a beautiful masterpiece...thanks so much for participating in my first challenge. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! amazing. love your creation... and you made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is brilliant! Really love your take on Jennifer's design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! Your comments always make my day!

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Vuestros comentarios siempre me alegran el dia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...