Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lawnscapings card Q&A and fall card!

Hi everyone! Did you enjoy the Lawnscapings blog hop? The winners will be announced tomorrow, so make sure you go over to the Lawnscapings blog!


Anyway, I got a lot of questions about my card on the comments, specially asking about the acetate. So I will answer them here.
I buy my acetate from a normal office supplies store, and I cut it to a standard card size, but I will be trying Hero Arts acetate cards, because I heard a lot of good things about them.
What I use to stamp on acetate is StazOn (black and white). For me it is the best ink to use with it. 
The tricky part about acetate is that for everything you put on the front of it, you have to glue the same on the back of it, specially when you color it with promarkers, as it shows on the back.
And last, to glue things on acetate, I use glossy accents, it works like magic!!!


Ok, now I have a card to share with you.
I made it for the current hero arts challenge using one of the designs from HA for the silhouette.
First of all, I sketched the tree on white cardstock and cut the panel for the front of the card. 
I stamped that panel with the Envelope Pattern and Antique Linen, and colored  the entire thing with the same ink. Then I distress the edges with Vintage Photo.
I cut the tree from white cardstock and colored it using Antique linen and Vintage photo. I used an embossing tool to mark the trunk of the tree, and then I rubbed the Vintage photo pad to the tree, to color those lines.


I glued the tree down using dimensionals just in the trunk, so  it had some dimension.
I added the brads, and the ribbons, and stamped the sentiment from the Find Joy set using Dark Brown Chalk ink. I rounded the top corners of the card to finish it using the corner chomper.


Hope you liked it and thanks for stopping by!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your comments always make my day!

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Vuestros comentarios siempre me alegran el dia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...