Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Matey!

Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting any more cards last week, but the weather was very nice and there was no time for blogging. This week started with bad weather and I think I am getting ill, so not a good thing.
Before I share today’s card, I have other things to share with you. First of all, thank you to Lawnscapings for awarding my card with the Honorable gnome, so exciting!!
And I have another thank you for Lawn Fawn because they featured another one of my cards on their blog. Awesome! Such a great week!!
Here is the card I am sharing with you:


I made it for the current HA challenge, a fun card for a little boy. I stamped the envelope pattern with Antique linen on a piece of white cardstock, and then using Broken china and Weathered wood I created the waves.
I cut the pirate octopus ( one of the designs from HA for the silhouette) from white cardstock, and I stamped the Magical background over it and colored it using Antique Linen and Pumice Stone. I cut it twice, to have a backing in black, for the face details and to create a little shadow.  I cut the balloon and colored it with Fired brick ink.
For the sentiment I used the Year One “happy birthday” stamp and I used Harold’s ABCs for the  “matey”. All from Lawn Fawn. I glued black thread to the balloon, mounted everything on dimensionals and added some glossy accents here and there.
Hope you liked it and thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Thank you! Your comments always make my day!

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Vuestros comentarios siempre me alegran el dia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...